Tuesday, March 30, 2010

While they were out

This past weekend my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew were all out of town on a fun vacation to Sea World, The San Diego Zoo, and the Beach down in California! While they were out, my mom and I went in {to their house}. Travis, Jesi, & Maylon

Jesi has been wanting to do something new to their kitchen, dining, and living room for a while. All of the rooms are pretty open to each other. I told her that I would help her, so we brainstormed some ideas of what she wanted to do. {Little did she know I planned on doing it while they were out of town as a surprise!} Jesi loves red! and likes country/rustic decor. For the past month or so My mom, other sister Cali, and I have all been planning {behind her back} and looking for items for her rooms. I even had to involve Travis on our little secret, I needed him to count how many kitchen cabinet knobs to buy! Check it out:

Before: After:
These curtains are actually dish towels that we hung by curtain clips. My mom built this functioning shelf that the curtain rod is hung from.

If we had more time I would have LOVED to paint her cabinets!Before:
After:
Before:
After:
We also made this custom chalk board from a Good Will frame and screwed in black hooks so they could hang their keys!
Before:
After! We got these knobs from D.Lawless Hardware. They were only $2 each and they look so perfect in their kitchen! {Thanks Emily for the idea to get red glass knobs!}
Partners in crime!
My mom is making Jesi roman shades out of burlap then hanging them from these shelves that she also made. With all the painting and building she only got this one made. The burlap looks awesome with Jesi's country decor!

Front door before: Front door after:
I found this old school desk on Craigslist for $20!
A little chalk board paint... Ta-Da!
Oh, the living room.. We worked all day Saturday till 10pm and we were back at it all day Sunday till 8:30pm and we hardly got anything done in here.
Before:
After:
We got the 1.5 walls painted, my mom got her shelf made and hung, and as you can see the curtain is not finished yet! :-) It is going to be the same roman shade as she made for the dining room window.

New wall decals on their entry way:

We were here!
Welcome home sister!

1 comment:

  1. You are the best sister ever, do you know that?! Your house looks amazing too..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...