Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New desk - sorta.

I just posted about our new office and one of the things left to do was a new desk. Well tonight Adam and I took a trip to our local Habitat for Humanity re-sale store and found a beauty! Meet the orange-cream-sicle. We were browsing in the door section thinking about getting an old door to turn into a desk when we spotted this:
It is just a table topper/counter top, not really sure what it was thing. {We set it ontop of our other desk for now}.
The plan:
-Paint the molding around the edge. The orange doesn't exactly match my orange accent I have going, but for now I'm going to keep it to see how I like it once I get my new curtains made and other decor in the room. Adam thinks we should keep it orange - I'm not sure.
-New legs or Adam wants to build a shelving unit under for support and a spot to store his records.

Hmmm, options. 
Thoughts anyone?

1 comment:

  1. You should stand the creamsicle up, cut your old desk in half, bracket each half to opposite sides of the creamsicle and you will each have a desk with a privacy wall....like the pic in the book i showed you. Then you can have peg board, shelves etc on the rest of the creamsicle in front of you...I know you won't do it, but could be cool. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...