Friday, April 30, 2010

Pink Duck

Last month Adam and I went to Spokane, WA for the first round of the NCAA tournament. {Adam thinks it is a tradition and we have to go, hmm..} On our 7 hour drive home we decided to stop at a few Goodwill's. At one of them I found a treasure!
 
This hideous wall hanging mallard. I have actually been searching for these for quite sometime. I am such a copycat, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE what Antonio did on HGTV season 3 of Design Star and totally want to do it! Do you know how hard it is to find ugly ducks?? - Hard! So when I spotted this at a GoodWill in Ellensburg, WA I was so excited. Adam, not sharing my excitement, thought I was joking as I put it in the cart. Anyway it made it home with us! I bought a can of spray paint and covered the thing in pink!
I loved it! {I know a few of you, not mentioning any names, do not share the same love for this thing as I do, and that's ok with me}  :-) I had it hanging up in the new office on a random nail that was already in the wall. Well.. while Adam was putting back on the moldings after finishing the flooring he was hammering away and then - Crash! All he said was "You're not going to be very happy.." My beloved duck cracked in 3 pieces!
 
I am determined to glue it back together and have bought some Gorilla Glue for the job. I hope it will soon make it's way back on the wall.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't the same type of thing happen in the Christmas story? When the mom "accidently" broke the dad's beloved leg lamp? Just something to think about...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...